August 21, 2009

Teaching An Old Dog (Me) New Tricks

Most people go away on vacation to relax, swim at the beach, play golf, etc. I spent the first two weeks of August in PEI doing some of those things, but I also spent a day at Belfast Mini Mills (http://www.minimills.net) learning how to operate these:
The Picker The carder (with Graham, Dave and Jeff)
The Spinner
It was a lot of fun and with the guidance of Linda and Terry, I didn't break anything, hurt anyone or give up. Here is a picture of them (looking kind of goofy) with my finished product - a beautiful skein of alpaca yarn. Thanks to everyone at the mill for providing me with a new experience and a fun day.
I also found this handsome llama standing in a field and couldn't resist stopping to take his picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment